- What We Do
- Community Impact
- The Community Fund
- Supporting Our Agencies
- Strength Investments
- Meeting House
- Community Leadership Resources
- Research & Reports
- My United Way
- About Us
Build Workplace Pride. Make a Real Difference.
A corporate gift to United Way of York Region is an ideal way to support the community that supports your company! For over 30 years, United Way of York Region has been a trusted partner with York Region companies of all sizes and sectors.
Join over 200 companies helping United Way to make this a great region for everyone.
Partnering with United Way will:
• Boost your community image. Increase awareness of your business through recognition and innovative partnership opportunities with one of the most reputable philanthropic brands in Canada
• Enhance employee morale and team building. A United Way campaign provides an opportunity for your employees to rally behind a great cause, and work as a team to make a difference and achieve a common goal
• Expand your business network. United Way provides opportunities to interact with top businesses and business leaders in York Region through United Way events and volunteer experiences
• Provide development opportunities for employees. Leading or being involved in a United Way campaign provides professional opportunities for your staff to gain leadership and project management skills as well as experience motivating others
• Demonstrate your commitment. Consolidate your giving and support. United Way serves the most immediate and critical needs facing York Region. One donation supports 41 local agencies delivering close to 100 programs across 9 municipalities
• Make a difference. Have an impact on the community where your company conducts business. United Way of York Region changes the lives of 1 in 3 people where your customers, employees and clients live and work. United Way’s low administrative costs mean that 84 cents on the dollar goes back into critical programs and services in the community
Appoint an energetic, well-respected employee to coordinate your campaign, and our fundraising professionals will provide the support you need. We’ll tailor a campaign specifically for your organization. In return, your employees will build morale, leadership and teamwork as they give back.
The Sponsored Employee Program: A Work Experience to Remember
A Sponsored Employee is an individual who is seconded to United Way to assist with the annual workplace campaign on a temporary, full-time basis. Their salary and benefits continue to be paid by their employer. The Sponsored Employee Program can help your employee develop professional skills while teaming up with United Way of York Region to build a better region for everyone.
Learn more about our Sponsored Employee Program
Sponsor major United Way events and other initiatives, and the payback could be priceless – constructive community partnerships, valuable marketing benefits, and demonstration of your corporate citizenship.