- What We Do
- Community Impact
- The Community Fund
- Supporting Our Agencies
- Strength Investments
- Meeting House
- Community Leadership Resources
- Research & Reports
- My United Way
- About Us
Our annual campaign mobilizes the power of our region’s volunteer and financial resources, bringing people from across the region and from all walks of life together in common purpose. Together we will bring lasting, positive change to all our nine municipalities and build a stronger community for all.
Pulling your co-workers together to support your community is a powerful motivator. An effective employee canvass can raise a significant amount of money to help fund social service programs in York Region. And you can have fun at the same time!
Rally your team! They’ll feel good knowing they’re making a positive difference in their community.
You will need:
• An Employee Campaign Chair: A sparkplug in your organization to get things rolling.
• A Campaign Committee: Recruiting a group of people to help plan and execute your campaign creates team spirit and enthusiasm.
• Support from the Top: Enlist support from your CEO and labour leadership. Campaigns are more effective if there is support at every level.
• A Goal: United Way staff and volunteers are available to help you devise a simple strategy to maximize the effectiveness of your campaign. Ask about our Success Sessions.
We’re Here to Help
United Way of York Region has resources to help you organize a dynamic campaign!
Visit Campaign Toolkit for campaign materials and great ideas. For more information contact our Arlene Akam, our Campaign Projects Coordinator at email@example.com or call (905) 474-9974.