- What We Do
- Community Impact
- The Community Fund
- Supporting Our Agencies
- Strength Investments
- Meeting House
- Community Leadership Resources
- Research & Reports
- My United Way
- About Us
Congratulations to our Bhayana Family Foundation Awards winners! Click here for details.
Lack of jobs is one of the main concerns heard from York Region residents in United Way's Meeting House series. Click to read the editorial by Marney Beck.
Service providers and government representatives in York Region are invited to upcoming sessions from the youth homelessness learning series on May 8 and 22. Click for details.
The York Region Food Charter, supported by Strength Investments, is a guiding document for the development of coordinated food-related policies and programs in York Region’s nine municipalities. Cick to read the charter.
- Project ensures priority service for victims in our community: When tragedy strikes in our community, victims affected are often left confused, broken-hearted and unsure of where to turn to for help. Mandated for crisis intervention, Victim Services of York Region (VSY) is a United Way York Region (UWYR) agency partne...
- Charter promotes a healthy local food system for York Region : The York Region Food Charter was unveiled on March 20th in Richmond Hill. The charter is a guiding document for the development of coordinated food-related policies and programs across the region’s nine municipalities. Aligned with the food movement across...
- Board series explores leadership and social impact : On March 21st, United Way York Region launched its Board Leadership and Impact Series. This four-part series, targeted to board members and senior leaders from organizations within the non-profit sector in York Region, digs deeper into how not-for-profits ...
- Using innovative programming to help homeless youth: For over twenty years now Pathways for Children, Youth and Families of York Region has been a leader in delivering innovative support services to improve the lives of homeless and at-risk youth and families in our community. By providing a unique variety o...