- What We Do
- Community Impact
- The Community Fund
- Supporting Our Agencies
- Strength Investments
- Meeting House
- Community Leadership Resources
- Research & Reports
- My United Way
- About Us
In Every Neighbourhood raises $6 million to date. Click for more details
Daniele Zanotti receives 2013 Award for Civic Leadership. Click for details
Investing in grassroots solutions to local social issues. Click to read the article
The third annual WomenUnited Leadership Luncheon brought together close to 100 women leaders and supporters of United Way York Region. Click for details
- Changing the way we view the suburbs: Last September United Way York Region’s Jane Wedlock joined more than 100 scholars and urban practitioners from around the world to discuss the changing role of the suburbs in today’s society. Hosted by the City Institute at York University, the conference...
- United Way York Region participates in Giving Tuesday: We are all familiar with Black Friday and Cyber Monday: two days out of each year that benefit the economy, as shoppers across North America scurry to get great deals at malls and online. What about a day that would be synonymous to giving back to our comm...
- New life, new hope: Leeson was 18 years old when she found out she was pregnant. One day as she walked down Davis Drive in Newmarket, she saw a sign that changed her life. Desperate, with nowhere to go and no one to turn to, Leeson went in and asked for help. At the “A...
- Strength Investments funding announcements kick off United Way Week: October 21st, York Region: Early Monday morning, United Way Week kicked off with a tour across the Region - from Whitchurch-Stouffville to East Gwillimbury and up to Georgina - to announce 2013/2014 Strength Investments funding. The tour brings United W...