- What We Do
- Community Impact
- The Community Fund
- Supporting Our Agencies
- Strength Investments
- Meeting House
- Community Leadership Resources
- Research & Reports
- My United Way
- About Us
Pledges for Change raises $ 1,020 for United Way York Region. Thank you for supporting people in York Region, close to home. (Carmen Clayton, Associate Director, Corporate Partnerships, UWYR, with Brennan Wong, Founder, Pledges for Change).
York Region and York Regional Police raised money for UWYR.
Our partnership with labour continues to thrive. On November 17th, 2014 the Carpenters Union presented a cheque to UWYR. Left photo: Tony Iannuzzi, Daniele Zanotti and Claudio Mazzotta Right photo: Tony Iannuzzi and Marcia Lopez
- Time for a Celebration!: It’s that time of year again! Volunteers, corporate supporters, and United Way of York Region staff gather to celebrate the generosity and hard work of community members throughout our nine municipalities. As United Way’s most anticipated event of the year...
- Tis the season to give: Scottish writer and lecturer Henry Drummond once said, “There is no happiness in having or in getting, but only in giving.” These words especially ring true in our minds and heart during the holidays. Tis the season to be jolly … but for many in our commun...
- Local youth creates a positive impact in his community, and the world around him: As a typical teenager, Brennan Wong loves to hang out with his friends, play volleyball, and play the Cajon percussion instrument in his spare time. He is also a trail-blazing 17 year old who is looking to create a positive change in his community, and the...
- Joining forces to tackle homelessness in our community : “When you have a safe roof over your head, you can focus on any other issues going on in your life,” states Christine Hill-Caballero, Community Investment Manager, United Way York Region. “However, when you are homeless, tackling other problems like mental...